Mesquite Fire Rescue along with CERT is pleased to offer free smoke detector battery replacement to residents that meet the following criteria:
- Live within the City of Mesquite
- Own and occupy your home. (Renters don’t qualify, landlords are required by law to provide functional smoke detectors).
- And meet one of the following :
- 65 years of age
- Handicapped or physically disabled
- Special circumstances (please provide explanation on form)
Applicants are asked to submit the electronic form request below. If you do not have access to a computer please call (702) 275-8929.
The smoke detector's batteries will be installed by CERT members at no cost to the resident. Requests will be done by order received twice a month.
Nine volt battery donations are accepted to help fund this life-saving program. They may be dropped off at Station 3, located at 3 John Deere Drive in Mesquite.
Additional information related to smoke detectors
Change battery: Replace the batteries in your smoke alarm at a minimum of once a year. Mesquite Fire Rescue recommends you do this when you change your clocks to Daylight Savings Time each fall.
Test detector: When was the last time you heard your smoke alarm? Battery-operated alarms should be tested once a month to make sure they are working.